How To Maintain A Wood Fence
Wood fences are a popular choice for many homeowners due to their natural beauty and durability. However, like all things, wood fences require regular maintenance in order to keep them looking their best and performing at their highest level. Here are some tips from Humble Fence Company on how to maintain your wood fence:
1) Inspect your fence regularly for damage and wear. Make sure to fix any problems as soon as possible, before they get worse.
2) Keep your fence clean by washing it down with a garden hose occasionally. This will help remove dirt, dust, and other debris that can accumulate over time.
3) Protect your fence from the elements by applying a coat of wood sealant or paint every few years. This will help keep it looking fresh and new for longer.
4) Trim any overgrown branches or plants that are growing too close to your fence. This will help keep it looking neat and tidy.
5) Keep your pets and children away from the fence. Sharp edges and protruding nails can cause injuries if not handled properly.
6) Train your pets not to climb on the fence. This will help keep it in good condition for longer.
7) Periodically check the screws and nails in your fence to make sure they are still tight. If necessary, use a screwdriver or hammer to tighten them up.
8) Keep an eye out for critters like squirrels, rabbits, and deer, who may try to chew on your fence. If you see any damage, take action right away to prevent further damage.
9) If you have a wood fence, be prepared to do some occasional repairs. Wood is a natural material and it will eventually rot or warp if not properly taken care of.
10) Enjoy your beautiful wood fence for many years to come!
Maintaining your wood fence is not difficult, but it does require some occasional effort. By following these tips, you can keep your fence looking great and performing well for many years to come.
Read more about installing a new or maintaining your current fence here